AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Stati n drugs
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

KsOkie
Posted 1/2/2024 10:36 (#10553816)
Subject: Stati n drugs

First off, I appreciate all the info John provides. I have watched a lot of videos that he has recommended and found them to be very helpful
As to the statins, I am one of those who will not take them due to the side effects.
I had the cardiac calcium scan done a few weeks back. The scores range from 1 to 4,000. Mine was 168, supposedly anything over 400 is a cause for concern. Make a long story short, I ended up with a heart cath. Before we did it, I asked about the scores and the cardiologist's PA said she had people with a score of 1 have a heart attack and several were at 4,000 and they found no blockage. So no exactly sure what that score indicates.
Anyway, I did the heart cath thru my wrist and they put in 3 stents. One blockage was 99% and two others were at 80%. Checked the location later and saw where the 99% was in the widow maker category. All in all, a nice Christmas present.
My point with this post is that you should do a lot of research, sometimes on your own, involve yourself in the decisions and not just blindly accept whatever anyone tells you.
(John, if you read this, thanks for all you put on here. I have learned a lot about being diabetic from your suggestions. And between you and I, have been using the "I" solution from the time that whole mess started and so far, have avoided any bad viruses).
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)