AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Migraines and moving
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

cfdr
Posted 1/4/2024 14:52 (#10557162 - in reply to #10553809)
Subject: RE: Migraines and moving

I have had headaches most of my life. The ones I get now that are bad are connected to my overactive sinuses. The bad ones always follow the same path - a long (seemingly) linear path of low-grade pain followed by an ever increasing level of intensity. If you are familiar with an exponential curve, that's how it works. For the longest time, it seems, the minor headache does not seem like it is getting worse. But, always it enters the "knee" of the curve and eventually explodes into a blow-off top. Then it exhausts itself, and I feel the sinuses release. For me, there is a feedback loop (I think) between tension and sinuses, each aggravating the other until the blow-off comes.

I do think barometric pressure changes can trigger these too. Also, some foods. Allergies too.

I tend to agree with John about the possibility of blood pressure being a problem. My experience that pointed to this was once when I had an internal bleed. I did not get any sleep for a couple of days. No food either. I thought that I would certainly experience a really bad headache, but was very surprised when I not only did not, but I didn't have headaches for a considerable amount of time following the experience. Makes me think that, like is often the case where there is a certain amount of validity in old remedies, blood-letting might not be totally bad in all cases. (g)

Like your wife, I have, over the years, been to doctors. At Mayo, they imaged my head - found nothing. I should have expected this, as I said at the time - what is wrong with the picture of a doctor named Carlson looking into the brain of a man named Johnson trying to find anything??

Like your wife, too, when we are in BC fishing steelhead and salmon, I get very few of these - and they are not bad ones. I have thought seriously about moving from here too - but don't know where to go really. I've also thought about going on the Jordan Peterson diet - beef only - five years so far. That would answer the diet question - and probably the blood pressure question.

And, like you, I hate the side effects of meds to treat it. I have recently had some success with using this product - microwave it for maybe 45 seconds or so:

https://www.amazon.com/TheraICE-Rx-Headache-Comfortable-Stretchable/...

Again, I know that my headaches are connected to sinus problems, and this does seem to loosen up the sinuses and reduce the tension. I don't know if it would work for you or not, but it might be worth a try. If it is a feedback loop, you need to break the loop prior to it getting too bad. This, at least, avoids the chemicals.

But, this is maybe of very limited value for someone else. I'm afraid headaches are another of those very complex things.

I certainly wish the best for you and your wife. My guess - and that is all it is - would be the diet Jordan Peterson is on. He is sure that it saved his life and his daughter's life. If you Google it, I'm sure there are plenty of his videos about it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)