AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cataracts surgery next week
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

boog
Posted 12/1/2023 12:18 (#10505245 - in reply to #10502278)
Subject: RE: Cataracts surgery next week

I had cataract surgery back in Aug, did one eye one week & the next the following week. As far as the cataract surgery, everything is much brighter now, have to wear sunglasses most of the time when outside unless it's cloudy. At the same time they did lasek surgery to correct my vision. Unfortunately because of a cornea disease the surgeon would only do it for distance. I wish I had only had the cataracts removed. My far vision is not any better than what it was when I ore glasses ( progressive bifocals". To read I have to wear reading glasses. Hate having to take reading glasses on & off. Plus have found that depending on the distance it requires different magnification of reading glasses. For reading upclose, cell phone Ipad etc, I use glasses with a 2.75 magnification. When working at my desktop computer, monitor about 24" away, it requires glasses with a 1.5 magnification. Operating a tractor I dont need glasses until I want to do something on the gps monitor, then requires a 1.0 magnification. I cant wear sunglasses over my reading glasses so am always switching between the two. If doing over again I would only have cataract surgery.

Lady that goes to our church had just her cataracts removed by the same surgeon about 2 months before I had my surgery. She still wears the same prescription glasses as she did before. If I had just the cataract surgery Medicare/ supplemental ins would have paid for the surgery. Having the lasek done I paid an additional $2,200 per eye. If they would have been able to correct both my far & nearsightedness it would have been approx another $1,000.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)