AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

LL vs RUP vs non GMO beans my thoughts
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

usafarmer
Posted 8/8/2009 09:58 (#804031)
Subject: LL vs RUP vs non GMO beans my thoughts

Newfane NY
Got all three this year.

My thoughts on LL
Seed cost about $10 per acre less than rup but I will spend more on killing the weeds in the LL than the rup. Ignite from $56 to $70 per gal so from about $9.50 to $12.00 per acre times 2 plus the pint of Dual pre plant for grass. Plus no one told me before that Ignite does not kill vol corn until the growing point is out of the ground....which pissed me off about Bayer. Leon Bird did do a great job of explaining to me about that but that was after the fact and I only am pissed at Bayer.
They look good and have a nice amount of flowers and young pods but the WILL have to yield more just to pay the extra weed killing cost.

My thoughts on RUP beans
Here in New York I can kill all weeds with 1.5 quarts rup and all fields are hit again with 1.5 qts of rup and Cobra. Seed cost next year is unkown but I will drop seeding rate to 130,000 as the 1250 CaseIH does a great job of spacing. If I decide to buy a truck load of gerneric rup that may make rup beans hard to let go off for mext year. Was quoted this week $10.75 per gal. loaded in 30's.

My thoughts on non-gmo.
Planted some new hot group 1.8 out of Mn this year. They look nice and I got to use up all of my old soybean herbicides I had in the barn. Weed control was good and all involved in the farm are happy. I may get an agreement with the breeder to be a seed source for the East if they work so my next years seed cost may be fair.

Would like to hear others comments on the 3 ways to grow beans.

John
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)