AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

For Minni-Moe fans. G-705 pictures.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

unifarmor
Posted 7/28/2009 09:41 (#791130 - in reply to #790135)
Subject: G-706 photos

Western Oregon
We have a 706 and a G1000 Vista. I would agree with you that the 706 is very much an out dated design. After driving the 706 and a 705 I would much rather have the 706. It doesn't turn real sharp but I rides smoother and just feels like a big ole brute of a tractor. It really pulls good as well. The Vista has very good power, turns sharp, handles good. I like it very well. My complaints are the hydraulic capacity and that it is too high geared for baling or silage chopping in really heavy crops.
I think one huge problem with the G1000 to some extent the 706 was the high torque of the motor. I've had employees raving about the power of the tractor one moment and complaining about the tractor overheating the next. When I investigate I find the harrow loaded up like a box scraper and they are pulling at 800 rpm. The MM tractors had a reputation for being a big tractor but MM didn't keep up with designing a high horsepower tractor. So farmers loaded them up with 30 ft of chisel plow and pulled at 1.5 mph. It just didn't work.
Perhaps we like ours so much because we are doing row crops in smaller fields. Pulling balers and silage choppers and that sort of thing.

(vista_706_stieger_8_bit.jpg)

(G706box.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments vista_706_stieger_8_bit.jpg (85KB - 43 downloads)
Attachments G706box.jpg (67KB - 46 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)