AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

purchased a combine need header advice
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Stardust
Posted 7/25/2009 15:35 (#787834)
Subject: purchased a combine need header advice

I purchased my first combine it is a very well kept 7700 hydro combine that has had most of the major wear components replaced by the previous owner. The previous owner traded it to a local dealer but still had it at the farm. He was nice enough to allow me to look at it at his place before the dealer picked it up. He also went over every thing that he had done to the combine and he thinks it should still be a pretty good old machine. He has run it and maintained it for the last 8 years so his opinion of the machine made me feel like it was worth taking a chance on. I made what I thought was a low offer and now I own it for not much over salvage price. Now I need heads for it I have been looking at 220 bean heads and I have seen a variety of options. What is the best type of cutting bar, tiger jaw or regular? Looks like some have stainless along the front of the head and some don't is Stainless a must have type thing? some have plastic on the reel some don't. What are the most important things to look for on these old 220 heads? Talked to Worthington salvage, they can fix me up with Dial A Matic for $450 is it worth it?The combine has header height control now but it is not Dial A Matic .
Jeff
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)