AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag Leader Planter Questions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/8/2023 20:51 (#10221512 - in reply to #10220963)
Subject: RE: Ag Leader Planter Questions

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
ecil89 - 5/8/2023 13:01

Actually my liquid is also just 2 sections. So perhaps the switches could control both if I was utilizing a clutch control module?

You have lots of options for how you wish to use switches. It would seem that the number of seed sections would need to agree with the number of spray sections. They can but they don't have to. With my planter, I have 12-2 row sections for seed but 4-6 row sections for spray. In point row situations, the seed sections are shut off in 2 row increments but the spray in 6 row increments.

In normal situations all 12 sections (24 rows) are planting and all spray valves (4- 6 row) sections are spraying. As I reach a point row situation the system will cycle the seed off in 2 row increments. So at first the system might shut off seed Section 1 and rows 1 & 2 would stop planting. All spray valves would still be ON resulting in some overlap as far as spray is concerned. As the pass narrows, the system might shut off seed sections 1 & 2 meaning rows 1-4 would stop planting. All spray valves would still be ON. As the pass narrows even more, the system might shut off seed sections 1, 2 & 3 meaning rows 1-6 would stop planting. At this point the spray valve for Section 1 would close. This would all be done due to auto swath and the setup for the seed sections and the spray sections.

I was surprised that the ability to do this because I was coming from the mindset that each seed section and each spray section would need a switch of its own. I was thinking that the switches actually control the activity directly. Such is not the case, the switch assignments and settings are merely inputs to the system.

For example, with a sprayer and an old fashioned switch box, with the Master ON, turning ON a section switch directly causes a section valve to open. With these modern electronic systems, the switch settings does not necessarily open the spray valve but allows "permission" for the system to open the spray valve. If any other factors such as an implement switch being OFF, Auto Swath deciding that the area has already been sprayed and others deny "permission" then the section stays OFF.

Since I have the SC110 switch box with a Master and 10 other switches. I could set it up many different ways and it really doesn't matter much since auto swath will do its best since the seed and spray are separate. Really the only times the switches are used is in very unusual situations where the operator wants to stop the seed or spray in an area for some unusual reason. Otherwise Auto Swath will do that for you.

If you added a clutch control module, and checked the Auxiliary Input screen it will show you which switches do what as far as seed sections and spray sections. You can change this to something different if you wish.

Edited by tedbear 5/9/2023 07:06
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)