AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Aphids at R1 stage
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

MNRRV
Posted 7/19/2009 23:01 (#781197 - in reply to #781120)
Subject: RE: Aphids at R1 stage

Edge of RRV MN
Matador is the same active ingredient that we use in the U.S as Warrior. Very safe to use and one of the best performing products in the University trials. I am not sure what rate you need to use but on Warrior II which is 2# active /gallon the rate would be .96 fl/oz per acre ($3.00/acre) which should give about 1 week residual. All new growth regardless of the product you use is unprotected so I would use the 1.6 fl/oz ($5.00/acre) rate once the beans are close to R3 (full bean growth) and let the residual of 14-21 days go to work for you. It was stated above about resprays here in the U.S. and many of the companies including Warrior have assurances if you have to spray a second time this limits our max cost per acre to under $5-6 per acre for two sprays. We mix our insecticide in with our glyphosate and seem to have good luck with both we will be using AIXR tips this year and have been using straight XR flat fans in the past. I hope that the AIXR work as good but the demonstrations that I saw this past winter make this tip look like a good blend between the straight AI's (glyphosate) and the XR flat fans (Coverage tip) because you get reduced fines but good coverage and not as big of a droplet.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)