AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Lost ground after 40+ years
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

JohnKS
Posted 7/17/2009 21:08 (#779217)
Subject: Lost ground after 40+ years

Kansas
Yesterday dad informed me of getting the dreaded letter by registered mail that we'd been evicted from a quarter of land that we'd farmed for 40+ years. Today dad called to ask why and he was told that 4 people had called them enquireing about the ground and saying that dad's health was not good and that since I'd got married and moved into town I wasn't planning to farm anymore.

First off, yes dad's health isn't the best but how many farmers in their late 70's are? And I've never given any indication that I'm not wanting to continue on. Moving into town was a nessecity because I was getting married and mom and dad weren't leaving.

Second, after farming for these people for that long, did it ever occur to them to call up (they live in CT) and ask about what was going on?

Third, isn't that kinda low to be saying that stuff just to land grab? My wife thinks we should sue the individual who ended up with it for slander.

I told on here a story I'd heard years ago about a land owner dying and a few local farmers going to the funeral just to enquire about the land. To me this is about as bad as that, just having stuff made up is no way to be. Just really disturbed right now to think that we've said nothing wrong or untrue about anyone all this time and to be victim to this.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)