AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I am very bullish grain, but I found an advisor more bullish
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

zenfarm
Posted 1/24/2023 15:41 (#10057403 - in reply to #10057322)
Subject: RE: I am very bullish grain, but I found an advisor more bullish

South central kansas

FarmingMo - 1/24/2023 15:01

Did Mizzou Tiger write that article? The very last sentence is all I needed to read to know that whoever wrote that article has a tremendous bias or is clueless

The person writing the article definitely has a bullish biases. Not objective, but very subjective reporting. IMO, the results of the eruption won't have a serious crop production  problems associated with it, certainly not to  the extent of prices quoted.

"Prof Pasquale Sellitto from the Interuniversity Laboratory of Atmospheric Systems has also published separate research on the radiative impact of the Tonga eruption. He tells Carbon Brief that the work is “a very interesting extension of previous studies on the climate impact of this exceptional eruption”, adding that its results are “very reasonable”.

However, he flags two areas where the study could be improved. Firstly, he says the paper assumes that water vapour injected into the atmosphere is “globally well mixed”, whereas in reality, the plume was “confined in the southern hemisphere”.

Secondly, the paper omits the cooling impact of the sulphate aerosols injected into the atmosphere, stating that “the sulphur dioxide deposit is substantially smaller than the accompanying water vapour deposit”. However, Selitto says that “the Hunga Tonga perturbation of stratospheric aerosol is actually the largest since the Pinatubo eruption in 1991”.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)