AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Adding autosteer to 7120 magnum
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

WildBuckwheat
Posted 1/23/2023 10:23 (#10054840 - in reply to #10054775)
Subject: RE: Adding autosteer to 7120 magnum

Middlesex County, Ontario
You should decide whether you want to keep the FM750 monitor or not.

At this point the monitor is outdated. That's not necessarily a bad thing, there's lots of used components out there and there's no reason the monitor can't easily live another 10+ years.

The monitor has always been limited in what it can do. The line management sucks. If you want to use RTK you can only feed the RTK signal into the monitor using an expensive trimble modem (no way to do it with a phone and cable). The only type of antenna it can use is something like the AG25, if you find a deal on an RTK 262 or something you can't use it with this monitor.

If you aren't going to be happy with the 750 in the long run then its a lot less money to replace it now before sticking unlocks in it and buying specific hardware for it. I've had a 750 for 10 years and it works; it works good enough that I don't want to spend money replacing it and the unlocks and it works bad enough that every year I wish I'd bought a 1000 instead.

You can buy a used FM750 with RTK unlocked for less money than buying the RTK unlock codes from your Trimble dealer. If you are going to buy a different monitor and sell this one then its not a very big leap to move to a different system.

There's a "Precision Agriculture Classifieds" group on facebook, there are lots of GPS monitors that move through that group.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)