AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Old style nh3 side dress
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

boog
Posted 12/6/2022 12:01 (#9968414 - in reply to #9968322)
Subject: RE: Old style nh3 side dress

Back in the mid '60s when coop took the tank off a 7 knife pt caddy type applicator & we pulled a 1,000 AA wagon behind to apply AA in the spring. Coop was switching to 3pt mounted bars but our tractor had a fast hitch. 15 yrs later they started going to pt bars, gues we were ahead of the times....lol

Before that we used a caddy type applicator with a 500 gal tank mounted on it. Coop,would bring us a 1,000 gal AA wagon to fill with. You hooked the discharge hose from the 1000 gal wagon to the fill valve on the 550 gal tank then open pressure relief valve on the 500 gal tank& the pressure from the 1000 gal tank would push the AA into the 500 gal tank. If you didn't open the relief valve the AA wouldn't transfer. Was slow filling, especially on a cool spring day. As you was filling small puffs of AA would come out the vent, when the 500 gal tank was full the puffs would change to a solid stream.

I was probably 13 - 14 yo when I started putting on AA using the caddy applicators. I learned quick to not be downwind of the vented vapors.
JMO, but applying, while dangerous, is not near as dangerous as it was back then.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)