AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dentist
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

jwal10
Posted 11/30/2022 12:07 (#9957913 - in reply to #9956804)
Subject: RE: Dentist

Western Oregon
What tooth? Wife just had a 3 tooth bridge done. Much cheaper than an implant. They did work for 2 crowns on the teeth each side of the missing tooth. Made the bridge to fit those, with a tooth for the gap. If in the right place, an implant can be used for a future bridge or full snap-in denture.

I just lost my last molar, or is that the back bicuspid, broke off right at the gum line. Had a root canal and crown about 8 years ago. I have lost 6 teeth this way. I have not done anything, yet. I had polio as a kid and a bad relapse at 37 that took the calcium right out of my teeth. They are porus, get brittle and break. I now have 8 teeth on bottom, 9 on top, all back teeth lost, no gaps. I will get this tooth pulled and get an implant and use that as the "crown anchor" for a bridge later if needed. Upper left still has the 5 teeth. The right side has only 4 teeth top and bottom, for about 6 years now. I have done fine that way because I chewed mostly on the left side. I am 66. Over the years I had gaps, never saw teeth move. No bridges. One thing though, I now have no crowns or fillings but I think the left side, top back tooth that has gotten darker will probably break off soon. If it does, it will be the next implant. My molars were all weird, some had 2 roots, some 3 some 4. One I had a root canal, then a crown, then had to have root canal through crown because they missed a root, filled crown, then crown had to be removed for a filling, build-up and new crown. That tooth broke off withing 2 years. I have never had an abscess, infection or tooth pain....James

Edited by jwal10 11/30/2022 12:08
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)