AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Agleader with older CIH
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 11/16/2022 15:36 (#9935246 - in reply to #9935057)
Subject: RE: Agleader with older CIH

Southern Minnesota
I believe there is a good chance that your sensors will work with the STTM module. I don't recall the limit of the number of sensors or "rows" that the STTM can handle. It might be necessary to skip some units such as every other one. Although that would not be completely ideal it could still be very useful. As mentioned I'm using a STTM with 24 sensors. I believe the STTM can be used with 16/31 row planters also or maybe as many as 48.

Ag Leader handles the population and section control as two separate ideas. It sounds as if it should be possible to use a Clutch Module to shut off "half" of your drill. The Clutch Module will provide ground and 12V when it feels a section should NOT be planting. An electric clutch and a relay might be necessary to control the clutches electrically. With the 3 drill hitch I worked with, it used a 3 section electric over hydraulic valve that literally raised a section hydraulically when it should not be planting. That meant that the clutch arrangement was not modified. The system raised or lowered each drill section automatically rather than the operator.

Edited by tedbear 11/16/2022 15:44
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)