AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Agleader with older CIH
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 11/16/2022 11:17 (#9934835 - in reply to #9934457)
Subject: RE: Agleader with older CIH

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Yes, with an Ag Leader CAN system you could monitor the population on all rows of a planter or some rows of a drill. This could be done with the STMM (Seed Tube Monitoring Module). This module is for population type information and cannot do section control.

Ag Leader has a Clutch Control Module that can control sections of a planter or drill (depending on how the drive is constructed). It cannot monitor population. A single Clutch Module can control as many as 12 Sections. Up to three Clutch Modules can be electronically daisy chained together for a grand total of 36 sections although that is not important for your drill.

You could do population control with a Seed Tube Monitoring Module or you could do section control with a Clutch Control Module or both. I happed to do both with my 24 row planter. The population is monitored for each row by the STTM. The Planter is split up into 12-2 row sections for section control. When the Clutch Control module or I decide to shut off some row sections, the population monitoring portion is made aware of this and doesn't alarm on those rows that are then not planting.

Using both population monitoring and section control does NOT require a multi-product unlock. If you wish to do other things such as work with two different varieties at the same time or plant and apply fertilizer or spray then the Multi-product unlock is necessary.

As far as controlling sections on a drill this will depend greatly on how the sections are driven. If each "half" is driven independently with some type of clutch for each half, it might be quite easy. Other drive arrangements may be quite difficult or not feasible.

When I worked as a Tech, I was asked about section control for a 3 gang drill. That one was literally 3 separate drills pulled by a common hitch. Each section had its own drive which was engaged/disengaged when the that drill section was raised or lowered. I was able to make a custom wiring harness where the Clutch Module would raise/lower the hydraulics for each section based on the coverage map. To start a new field, the operator would make a couple of complete passes around the outside. He would then make straight passes through the middle, as he encountered point row type situations, the Clutch Module would raise the drill section up that was over ground that had already been planted so that drill section or sections would disengage.

Edited by tedbear 11/16/2022 11:33
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)