AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Autosteer on irigation pivots
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

wheaties
Posted 12/8/2006 10:14 (#71004 - in reply to #70654)
Subject: Re: Autosteer on irigation pivots

The indivuidual that I custom drilled for seeded all crops in a circle. He plants row crops that way as well, he feels that he has less "runoff" when the rows are that direction, in addition to not having to cross the tracks, I think he also said the tracks are not as deep when you work this way as well. The trick was getting the first pass done in the correct spot, he had ran his pivot around dry and followed the track--it worked great, and I was surprised the guidance worked that well. The individual I purchased the system from said they use them on swathers on irrigated alfalfa too, they go a full circle to the pivot and back around. That would make life good for a swather operator. We run a drill and a sprayer off the free signal, and have it on a 6" overlap......it overlaps about 6", in my opinion if you are buying a signal, you should be on the RTK system, otherwise these signals are more than accurate enough for the 1st pass when repeatability is not needed. Put the money in your pocket and buy the wife something better for Christmas, heck with guidance you save enough money to buy her something better anyway!

Edited by wheaties 12/8/2006 10:18
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)