AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

321 Baby Back Ribs
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Curious
Posted 9/14/2022 16:37 (#9844224 - in reply to #9843855)
Subject: RE: 321 Baby Back Ribs

NW IA
3 hours on the grill at 180 degrees or until the meat reaches 160.

2 hours in tight foil with honey, brown sugar and apple juice. I didn't measure anything, just winged it from a Traeger YouTube video.

I skipped the extra hour and the barbeque sauce, too much sugar and nasty oil in the stuff we have on hand.

This cook went a bit long on me and I watched the thermometer rather than the clock because the ribs were advertised by Fareway as being, "extra meaty". Sprayed them with apple juice about every hour, this hurts when you're opening the grill and only cooking at 180 degrees, "when you're lookin' you ain't cookin'."

I wrapped them at 150 degrees after 4 hours ( I feared drying them out because of the extra meatiness making them more lean) and they reached 205 in an hour and a half.

They were very tender, but the meat still held lightly to the bone, which is supposedly the preferred outcome for pit-masters.

Apple juice was listed as an option for those who prefer their ribs on the moist side, which I do.

Another thing I do with all pork is to have a shallow pan of apple juice on the side while the meat is uncovered to maintain a humid, sweet atmosphere in the Traeger.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)