AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

YM2000 sensors to CANBUS ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 8/16/2022 12:38 (#9799593 - in reply to #9798968)
Subject: RE: YM2000 sensors to CANBUS ?

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Pete_A - 8/16/2022 04:40

Is it possible to connect YM2000 sensors to current Agleader CANBUS interface modules ?

Pete

The simple answer is NOT really. I've had Ag Leader Yield Monitors from the beginning. First I had a YM2000 and then a PF3000. These were NOT CAN based and all the computing was done in the display itself. Various sensors were used for moisture, grain flow, ground speed, header height etc. but all the "math" was done inside the display.

I then switched to the Ag Leader Insight which was their first CAN based display. Other models have followed with more features but the CAN concept is the same. That is have some of the computing done in modules located throughout the machine. These modules do their own thing but communicate back/forth over a CAN network. A combine with one of the Ag Leader CAN systems needs 3 modules. One is the module that goes in the grain tank and does math with the grain flow. Another is connected to the moisture sensor and does some of the math with moisture. The third has connections for ground speed, clean grain elevator speed and header height.

That means to switch from a non-CAN based system such as you have will require these modules. The sensors themselves may be the same but the modules will still be needed. At the time I made the change, the PF3000 and its associated parts still had good used value so I was able to recoup some of my expense by selling the kit to a neighbor who had a similar combine.

Edited by tedbear 8/18/2022 07:25
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)