AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Auto or assisted steering on Deere 9770 combine
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 7/27/2022 06:57 (#9768059 - in reply to #9767184)
Subject: Latest developments

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I checked with my salesman yesterday. The anti-rotational kit and SCM mounting bracket are on order with a projected arrival date in early August.

I asked about a remote engage switch. The salesman mentioned that the blank plug in the SCM can have wires inserted (they have the pins) for a momentary remote engage switch. They have added a 4 pin Deutsch DTM connector to some following Ag Leader's pattern. I have some nice pushbutton momentary switches from another project. I may be able to mount one in a decent location in the combine.

I generally prefer using my fingers but I may consider a foot switch for the combine. I'll need to check out momentary foot switches. Since my left foot doesn't need to do anything, maybe a foot switch on the left could be used. I already have a foot switch on the right that works with the Lankota cross auger disengage system. That system allows the unloading auger to clean out should I need to stop unloading if the cart is getting full. That way the unloading auger is empty and can be folded back to its stand without any weight in it. This works fine but I rarely have need for it.

A search for momentary foot switches resulted in this unit from Harbor Freight. This is obviously designed to run a drill press or the like but I'm fairly certain I could rewire it. I would clip the wires gong to the 110VAC outlet and reroute the output back to the cord.

https://www.harborfreight.com/momentary-power-foot-switch-96619.html...

Thanks for the information on the pin numbers involved. Apparently a momentary switch between pins between Pin 21 (5V OUT) and Pin 13 (Signal IN) would be used. It appears a menu setting will allow the "pulse" to engage or disengage the steering. I would use it to engage and just turn the wheel to disengage as normal practice. That would be consistent with my other steering systems.

We may get the combine out of cold storage this week after "clearing for raccoons". The install looks quite easy but we will need to wait for the missing parts before proceeding That should be all for now. Thanks for the replies/advice/confirmations.

Edited by tedbear 7/28/2022 06:41
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)