AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Auto or assisted steering on Deere 9770 combine
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 7/26/2022 03:32 (#9766379 - in reply to #9766068)
Subject: Thanks for the replies

Southern Minnesota

Glad to hear. I opened up the boxes and laid the pieces out on the bench. Most of it appears obvious. I still need the anti-rotational bracket for this combine and some type of mounting plate for the SCM.

I may need to add a branch to my old display cable for the activation branch of the Steady Steer harness. Possibly I could just use a key switched source as this appears to just be a signal to activate the Steady Steer which gets it high current power elsewhere. I'm thinking I can get both the high current power and the key switched power for the activation from the power strip in the combine. The power strip has some nice terminals on the back which could be used for the high current and key switched power. Anyone used this approach with an old display cable?

By using Steady Steer I hope to be able to use it to cut rowed soybeans at a slight angle more easily. My neighbors who do this appear to do a better job of cutting than I have been. Assisted steering should keep those passes straight which will be safer for unloading into the grain cart on the go. My unloading auger is not overly long. It can reach the grain cart but is a bit close with the 35' head.

Any other observations or suggestions are appreciated.

Edited by tedbear 7/26/2022 04:00
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)