AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

AgLeader Integra and the 135 sat change and slow connection!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 6/15/2022 10:24 (#9706405 - in reply to #9705510)
Subject: RE: AgLeader Integra and the 135 sat change and slow connection!

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I have 3 InCommand 1200s with GPS 6500 receivers. The one in the planting tractor uses TerraStar and a paid subscription so the WAAS change does not affect it.

The other two 6500's have the TerraStar unlock but I don't subscribe to TerraStar on them and use WAAS. They are not in use this time of year. A couple of weeks ago I went to a tractor which was using an Ag Leader 6500 set to WAAS. I purposely went in and changed the setting from auto to 135. I waited what seemed like a very long time before I got the "good to go" green satellite icon.

I called my dealer and he said that another customer had complained of this also. He said that customer timed the events and it took right at 6 minutes from a cold start. I repeated that test on mine and found that I agreed. Upon performing a cold start, I got the degraded GPS message almost instantly, a bit later the satellite icon turned yellow. Some time later, the satellite icon turned green but with a warning triangle on the icon. Finally at 6 minutes, I got the green "could to go" indication.

Some one here mentioned that it is Stable Lock that is causing the delay. On older InCommand 1200s, this could be turned OFF. After the recent update the check box is still there and checked by default. It is no longer possible to uncheck it from my experience.

I have also heard that Ag Leader suggests using 131 rather than 135. I have not tried that but may have a chance to test that soon.

For our purposes having this extra wait time is not really an issue since we would have the system on for a while before we use it anyway. It does seem strange that the wait time has increased.

When I get a chance I believe I will start up the system with the current setting of 135 and time it. I would then change it to 131 and repeat the process. I believe that with some systems, the location is saved in memory quite often and the system reuses that location to speed things up when restarted. This is only helpful if the system is restarted at that location. If you drive to another location and then turn it ON, the process actually took longer.

I have an older STX 450 for tillage that had a Trimble 750 on WAAS for auto steer when I bought it on a retirement auction. I was made aware of the WAAS change by an email from the local CIH dealer. I forced the change from 138 to 135 on it prior to the shutdown of 138. It works fine on 135 and I don't notice any longer time delay on startup.

Seems strange that the Ag Leader seems to take longer than before on 135 but the Trimble does not.

Edited by tedbear 6/15/2022 10:28
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)