AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dad on meth, won't let me plant...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

tigger
Posted 6/20/2022 18:51 (#9713895 - in reply to #9702542)
Subject: RE: Dad on meth, won't let me plant...

Iowa
I don't have a lot of specific advice to add beyond what others have said. I don't really know anything about meth. What I have experienced is having a parent with dementia and other issues on the farm daily from my early 20's throughout my younger years. Although he never did anything like your father to keep me from planting, daily life revolved around keeping him safe and as content as possible throughout all the craziness. Getting anything done was a struggle. I can't imagine going through that process with any kind of a marriage and while raising children. Getting the farming done can seem to be the most immediate concern, but the years pass by in the meantime. You've apparently dealt with this for 20 years. You will never get those years back to do over. A lot of the last half of your life is determined by what happened during the first half. I would urge you to think hard about what things are most important to you in life and do so sooner rather than later. Maybe it's the farm. Maybe it's your branch of the family tree. Maybe it's something else. Maybe you can still have it all. Maybe you will have to make some hard choices. Take a hard look at where things are headed and what you need to do now so that someday you can look back and know you did the right thing. The clock is ticking.

Edited by tigger 6/20/2022 19:44
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)