AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

PF3000 to control FlexControl Flexi Coil air seeder?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

mvisto
Posted 12/5/2006 14:28 (#69664 - in reply to #69070)
Subject: Re: PF3000 to control FlexControl Flexi Coil air seeder?

Southeast ND
Hi Duane,

The last time I checked about a year ago, the PF3000 did not have the capability for multiple product prescriptions. Since that time Agleader has released multiple products prescriptions with the Insight display for the Flexicoil controller. The problem is that to do two varieties requires two tanks which is designated as two separate channels in the Flexicontrol controller. So you need a task controller (PF3000, Insight, Flexicoil Task Controller, SiteMate) that will handle two channels. Currently I would say that only the Insight and the FlexiCoil Task Controller has that capability. SiteMate is to be upgraded to multiple product but I don't know when that will be. Next you need a software package that will create the prescription for multiple channels. SMS has that capability and Farmworks seems to allow multiple products with different rates, but all products will require that you use the same map. For what you want to do (changing seed varieties), this is not a problem.

Marty.

If you are interested, I do have a spare Flexicoil task controller that I would be willing to let go for half price (approximately $700). This will fix the hardware side for you.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)