AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Zidua and beans
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Deltamudd
Posted 5/21/2022 11:27 (#9669260 - in reply to #9669240)
Subject: RE: Your pretty well prime pigweed territory not?

I fear no weeds but pig weeds. Roundup resistant rye grass is becoming an issue here but I find it non existent when I put a pint of dual out in fall. I get a little nut sedge sometimes but it’s not bad. Not a problem really. Been seeing some marestail around this year but it’s not bad really either it’s more just an eye sore in peoples fields. Pig weeds tho, especially in the sand are bad. Atrazine can hold them back really well. But zidua for beans is king. It’s more expensive but low use rate and it doesn’t clog my filters. Atrazine always clogs my filters after a couple hundred acres. Prbly using too much to be fair

Yea everyone’s on twin row 38’s or on single 30’s. I don’t know anyone in my county planting single 38 beans and I drive around looking at farms a lot. I think I’ll lap before July. It is a concern tho. If I see weeds late I’ll put on drop nozzles on my sprayer and try to get below canopy. Idk if narrow rows would necessarily help yield tho. I don’t like the idea of beans lapping early. Wouldn’t this be the point at which you’ve maximized solar exposure for the plant. I don’t want it to max out until later in bean life. But I could be wrong on that. Also I’ve seen hula and dowdy say wider rows help with transpiration at night. They are def seeing a yield limit on narrow rows In high yielding areas. I was thinking to be in the delta and how humid it is all the time here even at night, maybe the wider rows ARE helping

And honestly one of my biggest problems last year was I had a lot of my later planted beans lodge and fall over. I got that fifty acres that I really do worry about lapping. But the rest I don’t. Even on 38’s at 78k. Like I’ll prbly lap the same time as the guys who planted after me on 30 inch singles will. Or at least last year that’s how it seemed

Edited by Deltamudd 5/21/2022 11:43
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)