AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Long reach mini excavator
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

dondozer
Posted 5/15/2022 07:07 (#9660970 - in reply to #9660393)
Subject: RE: Long reach mini excavator

NW Ohio,near Findlay
Watching post, would like to have more reach on a ditch bank with a mini on a budget. Yes I can break over the edge and walk down the slope if is is solid and not a straight drop off. With blade forward to lever yourself to work, still can't reach the area to be dipped out. Then there is the problem with what to do with the mud, can't throw it directly behind yourself, then for sure you can't get back up the slope. I have tossed the mud to the side and drag yourself back up with bucket, hopefully can get something solid to do it. Bottom line is we just need to get a bigger machine, mini's just can't do it all. A mechanic friend of mine who worked for Deere and repaired mini's advised me what can happen on running on extreme angles and running oil out of oil, happened on a Deere 50 once. Back in the day drag line machines did it all tossing the bucket out and dragging up the slope, but that is a lost art of cleaning out ditches.
In your case with beaver dams, there may be a way to toss something forward and pull it back, but don't know what. Some kind of grapple, claw to pull back. Have fun.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)