AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dealer tells me that CaseIH 7140 won't lift a 16/31 JD1780
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

DrZhivago
Posted 6/18/2009 20:51 (#749926 - in reply to #749867)
Subject: Re: Dealer tells me that CaseIH 7140 won't lift a 16/31 JD1780

Your Magnum has plenty of hydraulics for this job. I used to run my deere vacuum fan and my ace herbicide pump with a 7140 no problem. I did have to seperate load sensing pressure compensated power beyonds as I needed all my remotes for the 1760. It worked beautiful. A 7140 has just a much capacity as any of the early 8000 series tractors as their pumps -Vickers- were virtually the same. I can't believe all the trouble people have with their magnum hydraulics. I suppose it is their bad flow control of their remotes that doesn't do a good job of load sensing anyway. What is worse is the total lack ot dealer or company support in showing operators how to install a power beyond on these tractors. As I don't use it to plant any more I sold the power beyond system to a neighbor with a 7130. He ran his herbicide pump and vacuum fan on it with excellent results. Last year he bought a rawson drive and I installed a third power beyond to run it. He had gotten forgetful and tried running the rawson on a remote and the system pressure started running at high limit of 2900 and he had oil heat issues. Can't believe he could stand running it with that pump wining away under the cab at full pressure. Now it runs cool and quiet. Don't get me started on Case-IH technical support for that is a whole other topic. Good luck.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)