AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Spraying Speeds
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Col
Posted 6/18/2009 20:11 (#749885 - in reply to #749848)
Subject: Re: Spraying Speeds

Scotland
It's a Sands, made in Norfolk in the UK. They are all made from much the same components, Poclain Hydraulics on all of them. Sands use Deutz engines, Bateman uses JD, I'm not sure on the Househam. The engine in mine is air cooled but they have had to go to water cooled now for the emmisions and they aren't as good (so Sands say anyway). I bought it used with 2800 hours on it and we have put another 600 on it in a year, spraying and fertilising 120 acres of carrots and 1700 of combinable crops. It is all air operated, boom section turnoffs are electric over air (working Arag chemsavers), hydraulics are electric over air over hydraulic if that makes sense. The only electric cables that leave the cab that are associated with spraying are the speed signal, the pressure signal and the wires to the buterfly valve. The main on/off valve is air operated as is the prime/purge valve, the prime/purge allows you to charge the booms and the valve then shuts when the main valve opens (to be exact the main valve also shuts and diverts the flow through the butterfly valve). Rate control is done with an RDS Pro-series using pressure regulation. It has 4 wheel steer for fewer tracks on the headland and quicker turning. One nice feature is the main shutoff which is on a pedal, so one less thing to do with your hands, same goes for the 4 wheel steer activation. All in all not a bad machine but I would prefer something with the engine in front as it gets a bit "noddy" at times.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)