AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I found my planter and cart attachments
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Fla Veggie Farmer
Posted 6/18/2009 23:02 (#750119 - in reply to #749857)
Subject: RE: I found my planter and cart attachments

Southeast Florida
Well, the 60" center reason is there's no custom cutters with 60" heads, everything I already have is 30 or 60" and it shade out quicker here in weed paradise. I'm trying to do this as low budget as possible because banks aren't loaning any money yet. I'm not after resale value because anything that comes from the parts of the world where I farm is worthless and worn out. As for roller chain problems, I have very little problems with my 8r30 that's being turn into a 10r30 twin row. My 8r30 has planted close to 3,000 acres per year of sweetcorn since 1997, prior to me inheriting it.

Another reason is the drip tape retrieve is 5r60. I hate pivots as bad as you do drip plus I've been getting almost double the yield in drip fields side by side to a pivot. I have $250,000 worth of drip equipment to do something with. The fuel usage is about half also running the moister sensors plus I have a good idea that we're going to looking at $5 per gallon diesel real soon, thank to the Messiah or Führer in Washington DC and middle east instability.

Would your neighbor be interested in selling that 7200 4X2 Hi Crop or where do you find them at?

Edited by Fla Veggie Farmer 6/18/2009 23:43
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)