AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I found my planter and cart attachments
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Virginia Veg.
Posted 6/18/2009 19:52 (#749857 - in reply to #749772)
Subject: RE: I found my planter and cart attachments

Eastern VA. No such thing as too many Magnums.
Why do you punish yourself with 60" centers? Do you like three point turnarounds? After all these years in the produce biz, you should know that what you want is mostly unavailable. We also changed to 10 row, but stuck with 36". I just wanted the planter to match the 90' boom on the sprayer. 3 passes with the 10x36" works nice. Sweet corn is 7 days away if the sun would come out. My 4720 is coated heavily with mud thanks to spraying sweet corn in awful condtions. One employee stated he didn't realize that Deere offered sprayers painted "tan" in color. The wiper makes a good hole to see out of.

Is any of that equipment yours? Or just not the air cart? That Monosem looks like a roller chain nightmare. Is that a sync-row-twin row? I want to try my sweet corn twin row. Congratulations on installing the red ball monitor at least. I can't understand why everyone doesn't use those. I'd really like to see a side view of the lift n till. Is LMC equipment popular there?

I just got a new Monosem too. It's supposed to be coming out of Sumner GA next week. It's the MS version for broccoli. Also a 10x36". I haven't even seen it yet.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)