AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

VA appointments and very happy
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

nebfarmer
Posted 5/9/2022 06:16 (#9653410 - in reply to #9648776)
Subject: RE: VA appointments and very happy

SE Nebraska, Near Misery and Cans Ass!

Jeff@JR Production - 5/5/2022 22:30 I’ve been scouting fields three year and the best part is we no longer have have the EMT on speed dial if I go down. If all goes well this year we will have a hand held light spectrometer for on-site measuring N P K and all micros and metals. It’s cost $ and one of our fellow ag talkers brought to my attention. I’m really looking forward to hit fields across the county. We will see if the arthritis in my left side from the bin fall gets better currently it oxy and combination of pain blockers but over stressing makes it hard walking one day and hobbling around the second day.

Congrats on the weight loss. A word on the NIR technology, It works but you will have to get it calibrated to your situations. That will mean a lot of old fashioned chem analysis and some "eyeballing" just like NIR in feedstuff analysis. While I've never done the soils side, 20 years of NIR in forages was a learning challenge. As I type this I have an "ah hah" moment. It's for onsite tissue testing! Great idea.  

Edited by nebfarmer 5/9/2022 06:16
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)