AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Relay to control power from radar speed
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Fingers77
Posted 4/30/2022 18:09 (#9639440 - in reply to #9638909)
Subject: RE: Relay to control power from radar speed

Two things come to mind:

One possible idea would be a small computer such as an Arduino Uno programmed to read the signal from the radar and then output a signal when there is 0 speed read at the input. It would be probably very inexpensive, Arduino's are about $25 on Amazon, hardware is pretty cheap to add on as well. What hardware you would need, I have no idea, but it's probably possible. They are capable of outputting 5 volts so it's possible the Uno could power a normal relay to interrupt the power circuit. The difficult part would be the programming. I had LOTS of help with my Uno project this spring from the forums there, but you would need to learn at least part of the language unless you knew someone that knows the language C or C+. I would thin k the people there would help, but not do the entire project for you.

Another idea that came to mind are things like a bicycle powered headlight on a drive wheel that would produce power when turning, but no power when stopped. Run it off a planter wheel or off of the meter drive mechanism. Use the output from that to power a relay if it produces enough voltage.

As TedBear alluded to, a lot of monitors also have an auxiliary output that can be programmed to do various sort of triggers based on various things such as zero speed or a distance measured if you use a more capable monitor.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)