AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

From Below, ROAD CLOSED, What's Not to Understand
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

McCartman
Posted 6/16/2009 20:19 (#747520 - in reply to #747308)
Subject: Re: From Below, ROAD CLOSED, What's Not to Understand

We had a similar thing happen here three years ago. The county road we live on was being reconstructed. Bridge over our creek was out for a couple of days. Barricades were put up at the intersection 1/2 mile up the road - with signs clearly saying "Road Closed. Bridge out". It was rather comical watching the clowns drive past our place, right up to the gully where the bridge used to be, and have to turn around. I watched one idiot in an SUV pulling a trailer with two ATV's spend 15 min. trying to turn around - he couldn't back up for nothing. The best was an 18 wheeler - watched him back up 3/4 mile back to the intersection. The thought crossed my mind briefly to walk to the end of the driveway and offer to let him pull into our yard to turn around, but I changed my mind. Anyone driving a rig like that who would ignore such a sign deserved to dig his own way out of the mess.

My folks live on the other side of this bridge. They awoke one evening to hear a siren - Sheriff squad flew by (around the barricades) and had to turn around and go around the block. Stupidity is not limited to the "common man".
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)