AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Massey Ferguson 8780, RWA combine
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Silver Shoes
Posted 6/16/2009 21:56 (#747687 - in reply to #747269)
Subject: RE: Massey Ferguson 8780, RWA combine

Seneca Kansas 66538
I have to agree with 9700. We run Silver combines which are the ones everyone loves to talk trashy about and alot of those people have never owned one and especially a newer one. I know several people who run 8780's up to 9790's and most of the people that I have talked to like them very well. Just heard a farmer pretty close to here bought a 9895 which is coming from Kuhn's over in Ill I think. Getting back to the subject though I mentioned in an earlier post that I started keeping track of the prices of similiar parts at the Agco dealer and Deere dealer and find very little difference. I made the comment that I didnt think the price of a part was that bad to a Agco parts guy and he asked why I made the comment so I told him I have been reading that Agco parts are all ridiculously priced. He said, you know I used to be a parts guy for John Deere and people aways complained about the price of parts. He said when I took this job that simple complaint followed me. He also told me (while laughing) that if the part wasnt expensive enough they could change the price for me. I just chuckled and said no I think its just fine. I wouldnt be scared of any machine as long as you have a dealer that you get along well with and in your opinion is a good dealer. You can kinda tell which is a good dealership and which isnt. My Massey dealer is in Falls City NE and Ill tell you if there wasnt so much Orange in my heritage, I would do most of my business with them. They are great guys and the salesman is out there pulling his Massey tractor at all the tractor pulls. I dont know anyone that doesnt get along well with these guys. I have been waiting to find a good deal on a newer Massey tractor from them. :)

Edited by Silver Shoes 6/16/2009 21:59
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)