AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Give me some ideas on why my 2 GM vech. won't start
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

youngtimer
Posted 6/16/2009 04:36 (#746702)
Subject: Give me some ideas on why my 2 GM vech. won't start

Ok the car started but was almost a foot at 1 o'clock in the am.

1st 1988 S 15 2.5 engine(fuel injected).
Went out one morning and I am pretty sure it almost started right off because I let off the key sooner then normal it seemed but anyway it didn't and will not start.I did try pouring gas straight into it didn't seem to try to start so I am maybe ruling out fuel pump or I would think it would have started for a few seconds anyway,done that trick before with sucess on another GM truck one time but don't recomened it .

2nd 1981 Caddy 368(fuel injected) with the 8-6-4. One o'clock in the am and had just drove it about mile or 2 one hour before Same thing sounded like it started let off key nothing,cranked on it nothing,got out poped the hood(in the dark like I could see anything)got back in turned the key started to start but died.I did notice it seem to be hotter under the hood then you would think for 1 am and only a few mins run time a hour ago.Got some gas poured it straight into it and it started. Now I hardly ever drive this car,tank full but 9 month old gas but I have noticed it has and it did it again tonight(on the hour before start) that it will start right off but idle funny at first,get down real slow like it is about to die and then pick back up and do it again.Never notice it doing that when it is cold out like all winter when I would start it just to let it run.but noticed last summer it did the same funny idle thing on a few hot days,had been sitting a few months before that also.

Thinking maybe some kind of fuse on th S 15,maybe a fuel filter on either one maybe not maybe something elect.Working night shift,this isn't good lol.

Sorry for being wordy but wanted to give all details

Thanks in advance

Edited by youngtimer 6/16/2009 04:44
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)