AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

mennoboy - 4430 Command start ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

nsfarm
Posted 6/16/2009 00:53 (#746656)
Subject: mennoboy - 4430 Command start ?

Manitoba, Canada
Hey just read that old thread and relized you were asking me about the command start i built for our auger tractor. I see you didnt have an email posted so hopefully this gets your attention. who's your cousin at ninga by the way? Anyways yeah it works pretty good, pretty nice for unloading semi's.

Had to convert the tractor from manual fuel shut-off to electric to make it work for remote start. Did this with a electric push-pull solenoid. kinda a pain to build it and get it to work behind the JD fuel pump, but do-able. Also took the old mechanical PTO engage leaver out and replaced it with a linear actuator. Its got built in limit switches so it just slowly engages the pto and then disengages it. As for throttle i used another 12 volt solenoid on a sliding bracket to fine-tune the upper rpm's. So it just idle's wherever the throttle in the cab is set untill you push the button on the remote or control box, then it rev's up to operating speed... and on the tracor there's a couple electric over hydraulic solenoids that run the swing mover and winch lift. The command start engage is just a timed pulse relay i bought off the internet. other than that... Sourced everything through various net suppliers as well as some stuff from farmtronics.

If your ever in the area you should look us up, your welcome to have a look and id have some ideas of things id change in the next version. Although the way its looking now i think im gunna try one of those Westfield Flex augers this year, which will take alot of need of this remote setup away nonetheless everyone on the farm seems to like the setup, and there's alot of whining when there's a different tractor on the auger.

(IMG_33413.jpg)

(IMG_3344.jpg)

(IMG_3345.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_33413.jpg (126KB - 176 downloads)
Attachments IMG_3344.jpg (76KB - 178 downloads)
Attachments IMG_3345.jpg (125KB - 172 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)