AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

planters John Deere vs. CIH
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Redwrench
Posted 6/11/2009 23:13 (#741991 - in reply to #740685)
Subject: Appreciate the input MidMoFarmer

I hope the planter people at CNH read this forum, and consider your points.
I agree that the Y-tubes have been a major PITA for us, especially with coated corn seeds like Pancho 1250. I haven't seen the problems you are talking about with the coulters coming loose, but we encourage people to not use coulters at all, unless they're trying to scratch a furrow in, like, gravel or something. Yeah, we could use a better cleanout system. The main issue with electronic repairs on these critters is sending technicians to planter training school (the instructor in Ames, Iowa is excellent) and keeping parts in stock. A small wheel speed sensor or pressure switch can just about shut the whole thing down. We really have not had major issues with the "black boxes"; it's mostly small components ad connections. I understand your concern about down-time, but hey, unless you want to go back to an 82 buster planter, there are going to be electronics.The pneumatic down-pressure system this year worked well, except for some issues with hose routing. The 1250 front-fold has much better fittings and tees on the pneumatics than the stackers and rigid bars; I understand all of them will have the 1250 parts next year. I also hear that CNH is finally getting the message about the quality issues at Saskatoon plant.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)