AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Chinese semi tires
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

TIZHOT
Posted 6/11/2009 10:50 (#741071 - in reply to #740302)
Subject: RE: Chinese semi tires

Southern Saskatchewan
Michelin caps are decent and I have seen very few problems with them but they are still a cap.Unless you are the type of guy that checks his tires everyday or more caps might be a consideration. Also if you are not putting too many miles on then consider that casing is already 2-4 years old,they will probably sidewall crack and be junk before you wear them out.My vote is for virgin rubber.Chinese tires on drives or trailers are not the end of the world.Most are really not that bad if you have a tread design applicable to your roads.Double coin makes an awesome tire similar to the spread axle design-if you can get them for a trailer I would not hesitate.Saying that on my drives I went with Hankook Z59 because the price was right at the time. Toyo/BFG/YOKO are good but definately more $$. On the comment about chinese implement tires - I would never install a chinese imp. tire unless the equipment was being sold tomorrow. Rear tractor -I have 1 set on a JD 1830 that just does auger work and they are fine but stay away from any high torque applications (soory a little off topic).Happy hunting.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)