AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Chinese semi tires
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

denverdave
Posted 6/10/2009 22:48 (#740449 - in reply to #740302)
Subject: Re: Chinese semi tires

How many miles a year do you put on? If you're a dedicated over the road sort, I'd stay away from china specials. But if your tires weather check/rot more than wear off, I'd go china. The Goodyear dealer to the north sells china specials by the dozen to the feedlot (for their rough service trucks) and lots of farmers. The Goodyear dealer convinced us to start replacing blown recaps with new china specials...in some respects they are much like recaps - some wear like iron, while the one next to it wears quickly or unevenly, but they don't throw a carcass & never had a blow out yet (something that can't be said for recaps). But we've only been running them for 3-4 years, so I'm sure one will blow out sometime. The elevator is 5 miles & our farthest feedlot is only 30 miles from home...and the trucks never go any farther than 35 miles. About 40% of the way on gravel. It's a sad day when the Goodyear dealer has a couple Goodyear truck tires in stock, but has stacks & racks & piles of china made garbage everywhere...and he pushes them hard. He doesn't even run goodyears on his pickups/service trucks...what does that tell a customer?

Edited by denverdave 6/10/2009 22:58
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)