AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What experiences have you had between plastic lovered bottom sieves vs stock seives
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

DevinF
Posted 6/8/2009 17:52 (#737205 - in reply to #737155)
Subject: Re: What experiences have you had between plastic lovered bottom sieves vs stock seives

Nwmo
I have the harvest services plastic sieves and chaffer in my 9600. There are several major drawbacks I have seen over factory sieves. They flex during operation and cobs and bean stems will wedge themselves between the louvers blocking the hole and eventually opening them up wider, so it is a constant fight to keep them adjusted the way you want and to keep them cleaned out. I have not seen any increase in performance as far as blowing the air straight up. Its sounds like a good idea but I just haven't seen it materialize in the field. If I had it to do over again I would go with the factory sieves. The other major drawback is there adjusting handles are very sloppy. They are notched but the way they hook the handle to the louvers is very sloppy and allows the handle to move several inches and then the louvers will spring up or down.

Hope this helps,
Devin
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)