AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What is today’s Lenovo T430 equivalent
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 12/6/2021 08:44 (#9361181 - in reply to #9360049)
Subject: RE: What is today’s Lenovo T430 equivalent

Thanks Aaron. I’m kinda looking at 2nd Gen P15’s and 4th Gen P1’s. They seem to be a lot like my old T430. Pretty expensive like it was too though.

The 5424 sounds nice. I’m just not sure I want something quite that clunky. I had also looked at a 7424 I think.

Is the X1 extreme a current model? I guess I haven’t studied those much.

To get something quick it looks like you have to go with something pre-built and when I’m looking at pre-built stuff I’m looking at stuff with CRAZY high specs in the P series. $2,500 for say 64 GB of RAM, pretty high end processor and 1 TB SSD among other things. Also a ridiculously good video card that is something like a $1,300 upgrade if you spec a similar laptop out to be delivered 4 months from now.

I would be happy with 32 or even 16 GB of RAM I think and maybe 512 GB on the HD and a much lower grade video card but I can’t find that kind of stuff pre-built in the P series.

I do feel that the pre-built stuff is a fair amount cheaper than if you would spec the same system out today and get it delivered in 4 months. Like $2,500 today versus $3,600 or so if you build it and get it in four months. They must have pre-built too many high end systems and are having a hard time unloading them?

Realistically my T430 was around $2,000 and with inflation a $2,500 P1 or P15 is like spending $1,200 when I bought my T430 so maybe it’s not that big of a deal.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)