AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

InComand 1200 in John Deere ISOBUS ready tractor
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 11/25/2021 17:11 (#9341310 - in reply to #9340882)
Subject: RE: InComand 1200 in John Deere ISOBUS ready tractor

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I don't claim to understand this very well but I have a Deere 8310R tractor. I use it among other things to pull my 1770NT planter. I use an InCommand 1200 and Ag Leader modules for Population (STTM), section control of seed (Clutch Control Module), spray control (Liquid Product Control Module) and starter fertilizer (Application Rate Module). These modules are mounted on the planter run through Ag Leader's CAN system. This did not involve ISO until two years ago.

Two years ago I decided to get an ISO module for monitoring (but not controlling) down pressure. This module is also mounted on the rear of the planter but ultimately connects to the InCommand ISO branch.

I obtained what is called an ISO Hi-Jack cable from Ag Leader. I think this is what you have. Essentially what it does is "Hi-Jack" the expensive ISO connector on the rear of the tractor and route the wires to the InCommand instead of to the tractor as original. This also has a terminator branch that plugs into the tractor wiring so the tractor will not complain. This means my down force module is connected to my InCommand ONLY but uses the Deere connector in the middle of things. The Ag Leader down force module is not connected to the tractor itself in any way.

This works out fine for me since I have no Deere displays of any kind. I'm thinking that is your case the connector on the rear of the tractor has been Hi-Jacked like mine so attaching any other ISO modules to it will be directed to the InCommand instead of the Deere display as you desire. I believe I would have the same problem if I tried connecting my tractor to some ISO device and installed a Deere display. I believe your Hi-Jack cable may need to be disconnected and the wiring routed as original. I don't know but I doubt if both displays could be attached at the same time to the ISO connector.

I believe you are of the opinion that your connector on the rear of the tractor is attached to both the Deere ISO system AND the Ag Leader ISO system. at this time. I believe it is only attached to the Ag Leader ISO system and the InCommand at this time because of the Hi-Jack cable.

After purchasing the Hi-Jack cable it appeared to me that it would not have been necessary. A short distance back on the ISO cable on the planter are some connectors. I believe I could have made a cable to go from that point with those connectors to the ISO branch on the InCommand display cable. That would have saved me the expense of buying the Hi-Jack cable. The original ISO connector would be undisturbed. It might be a bit more troublesome to hook/unhook the planter but this not done very often.

If the above is true, a Deere display should work as usual. I don't see how the InCommand could be used as a second terminal without a completely separate ISO wiring branch where the two systems are completely independent. Don't put too much faith in my last statements as I'm doing a fair amount of speculation.

Edited by tedbear 11/25/2021 17:14
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)