AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The most prescribed drugs
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

gkt
Posted 11/19/2021 23:46 (#9330314 - in reply to #9317836)
Subject: RE: The most prescribed drugs

SC IA
Doctor put me on Eliquist and Atorvastatin after a light stroke, I had heard Atorvastatin was not good for the muscles, I was told only 10% are affected in any way. My bad cholesterol was 100 an was told I should take it the Atorvastatin. Was back in the field in a couple days running gas on to calving,planting haying and it seemed like right into harvest. All the time I was losing weight which was muscle. If I pulled a gallon of milk out of the fridge it took two hands or it would hit the floor,if I slept on my side it felt as though my ribs were collapsing. It was at about the third week of September we were almost finished with harvest ( just some beans to go) I realized it was the Atorvastatin that was the problem.I had been taking the Atorvastatin for a short 6 mo. Threw the Atorvastatin away and it has taken me 3 years to get my muscles back to where they were pre stroke,I am now 65. Saw the doctor about a year after throwing the Atorvastatin away ,he instead I try a different statin and I said when hell freezes over.( Beware of satins they will lower cholesterol but the other physical cost can be significant).

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)