AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Might be barren under the Christmas trees this year.....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

boa628
Posted 10/18/2021 09:27 (#9275184 - in reply to #9274208)
Subject: RE: Might be barren under the Christmas trees this year.....

SWOH
I think Christmas presents are the least of our worries right now, Ron. My grandpa went to Ukraine in the late 80’s with a group of farmers. In return, a couple of Ukrainian farmers spent some time with us on our farm. One of their wives came here eventually also and the first time she walked into a Kroger she started weeping uncontrollably. She could not believe the amount of bread on the shelves. That left a very lasting impression of Communism on me as a 3rd grader.

Right now, if I look hard enough I can find things we need. Or maybe not need but things we typically use. It’s not as easy as a trip to Menards and it takes a little thinking ahead compared to what we’ve become accustomed to. Wants and needs are being evaluated. Luxuries are being evaluated. I enjoy giving gifts, Christmas is my favorite time of year. This year that gift might be fellowship and conversation after what’s been going on the past few years. I think it might be a good year to look beyond the material gifts.

I’ve done a lot of shopping on Amazon over the years. Right now I am very anti Amazon. I’ve helped create this mess, and I feel guilty as hell about it. Convenience has led to inconvenience. Hopefully that’s as far as it goes.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)