AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New To Me Harvest Video by Drone
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Rusty6
Posted 10/17/2021 09:56 (#9273378 - in reply to #9273366)
Subject: RE: New To Me Harvest Video by Drone

S.E. Sask.

caleb2684 - 10/17/2021 07:47 Thanks for sharing. That sure is pretty country up there. I’ve never been around pull type combines and I’d imagine they haven’t been made since the 1990s. How balanced is that combine when you unhook it? It would appear that without a head connected it would teeter backwards? Also how do you know when the combine is slugging or has an issue? I’d imagine you can’t hear or feel it, is there a sensor box in the cab with you? Caleb

As it fills up near full the hitch gets a bit light but otherwise it is a real "gut buster" cranking up the jack to unhitch from the tractor. 
True you don't get quite the feel as from riding a self propelled but you learn to notice any little sounds out of the ordinary. It takes a lot to overload this one but the cylinder tach on the control box beside me in the cab will show right away if the speed changes much. I generally don't push my machinery too hard but I can make that 7130 work hard if I try to push the swath through too fast. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)