AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Mixing Fertilizer And Seed Wheat Question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

JD105404T
Posted 10/12/2021 19:00 (#9265550)
Subject: Mixing Fertilizer And Seed Wheat Question

Hey Guys, I know last night Clay Farmer talked about mixing Fertilizer and seed wheat together. I would like to try this on 160 acres. Our Coop of course has a Fertilizer Blender. We have a 30ft set of John Deere 455 Box Drills on 6 inch spacing. If I ask the Co-op to blend the fertilizer and seed, do you guys think they will know how to blend it so I can plant 120 pounds an acre with seed and 30 pounds of Actual Phosphorus and 6 pounds of actual Nitrogen? Also do you guys know where I would need to set these Grain Drills to achieve 120 pounds of seed an acre and also achieve 30 pounds of Actual Phosphorus and 6 pounds of actual Nitrogen? Right now I know when we are applying 30 pounds of actual Phosphorus through the Airseeder and 6 pounds of actual Nitrogen, I have the airseeder set for 58 pounds of product and that is giving us 6 pounds of actual Nitrogen and 30 pounds of actual Phosphorus per acre. I would like to use this same blend and blend it with the Seed wheat, but I would need to know where to set the Grain Drill. I am also talking about just using dry Fertilizer.
Thank you,
JD105404T

Edited by JD105404T 10/12/2021 19:03
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)