AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Home security
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

IowaMark
Posted 10/2/2021 18:57 (#9249339 - in reply to #9249233)
Subject: RE: Home security

NW Iowa. / SW Arizona
We’ve got a system in our house and shop here in Iowa along with a separate one at our AZ home. They were both very easy to setup for me.

You can choose to pay a monthly fee that will call the local police or fire department if an alarm is triggered or pay no monthly fee for no monitoring but will have a loud siren go off it an alarm is triggered. Our AZ home is not setup with the monthly service fee monitoring system but we have neighbors close by that will hear the siren if there is a break in or fire.

Our IA home we do pay a monthly fee that will contact the proper authorities depending on which alert is triggered. We have fire, glass breakage, motion detection and all door entry detection for our house and shop. We get text and email alerts every time the alarm system is turned on and turned off along with about a one minute video immediately afterwards.

A few times when we came home and forget to turn off the alarm and the siren goes off we’ve gotten phone calls within 15-20 seconds from the monitoring system making sure everything is all right. You’ll have to verify your own safe word you choose to verify who you are in order to cancel the alarm. We’ve also gotten calls from the monitoring company if a smoke detector goes off. They are super fast about contacting you to make sure everything is alright. When we’re in AZ we’ve gotten notices that there is motion in our shop back in IA, sure enough when we look online at our cameras there was our guy that does our hog chores backing the loader tractor out to push snow.

We can look online anytime at our cameras in IA to see what’s going on. At our AZ home we can only look at the cameras when we’re down there as you have to have internet access and we have that shutoff when we’re not down there. Our IA home we keep our internet service on 365 days a year. Everyday when we’re in AZ I’ll check the cameras back in IA to make sure everything is alright which I really like. I have digital thermometers insight of a house camera and a shop camera that shows me the inside and outdoor temperatures which is really nice. To me it’s a piece of mind knowing the proper authorities will we be notified if something is to occur whether we’re home sleeping at the time or hundreds of miles away.

I’m happy with its performance but am anxious to see what others are using. A good time to buy a SimpliSafe setup is around the Black Friday sales time they have some really good sales at that time.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)