AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Amish and covid ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

BigIronJerald
Posted 10/2/2021 10:31 (#9248654 - in reply to #9248164)
Subject: RE: Amish and covid ?

Nemaha Co Nebraska
We are part of a small Conservative Mennonite church here in SE Nebraska. We have had several waves of COVID among us. Nobody has died or gone to the hospital. Some have been pretty sick. I personally have had it twice. Nobody here has taken the Vaccine. Most of us are anti-Vaccine because of health reasons and not religious reasons. I personally don't see anything wrong with taking the vaccine from a religious perspective (my understanding is that none of the Covid vaccines use aborted fetal cells). Our view primarily here has been that COVID is not going away but it's here to stay with different strains coming and going in the future. We feel that building natural immunity to it will be better in the long run versus taking the vaccine.

My parents and several siblings are part of a large Mennonite/Amish community in Southern IN. Very few there are taking the vaccine. Symptoms have ranged from barely knowing you have it to people being in the hospital to some dying. My mom was in the hospital for 2 days but has recovered from it.

If you surveyed the broader Amish/Mennonite community you will find a range of views on Covid and vaccines. But by and large most will be anti-vaccine and will accept Covid deaths as the will of God.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)