AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Barndominium
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Direct Injected
Posted 9/22/2021 17:49 (#9233830 - in reply to #9230866)
Subject: RE: Barndominium

SW, Missouri
Beerslayer - 9/20/2021 22:05

That's what I'm living in, really like it. I built a pole building, 100x50 was my shop and another 32' x 50' two story for the house. Was too small so I added on a 24x30 two story that I stick framed on a concrete slab with floor heat. Polished and sealed the slab. I screened out the big sand out of non shrink grout and filled the cracks and expansion joints before I diamond polished it. Love how it works for our country lifestyle. The kitchen living room is open plan 1540 square feet with a big stone fireplace and wood fired pizza oven in a corner. Stones are what I've collected from the fields.

Doing it again if I was building from scratch I'd stick frame it on a slab and cover with metal like I did. Forest fires sweep through here pretty bad but as long as I keep the gutters clean it won't touch my house. Maybe melt window frames or something.

Because part of it was an ag building built without a permit I had to hire an engineer to specify how it would be brought to code. Add shear walls, etc. It turned out great, super comfortable country living.
have any pics you'd care to share? Thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)