AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

quicken help pleeeeease!!!!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

McCartman
Posted 5/24/2009 02:23 (#721395 - in reply to #721122)
Subject: Re: quicken help pleeeeease!!!!

My brother uses Quickbooks for his business and has for quite a few years. He once had a hard drive crash - no problem as he had backups on floppy disks (yes, this was awhile ago!). Anyhow, replaced the hard drive, got everything back on it, and tried to restore his data. Nothing! Disk was blank. Even tried it in two other computers and nothing was on them. Still don't know if it was his floppy drive or Quickbooks that caused the failure. He lost over $30,000 in accounts receivable records. He simply sent a letter out to his customers (he pretty much knew WHO owed him money - just not how much each one owed) and explained the situation. Asked them to pay of they could or at least report to him how much their last statement was for. Some payed up, some didn't. Oh, and he did send the hard drive out for data recovery and they were unable to retrieve anything.

Didn't mean to scare you - I doubt this is what your problem is by what you describe. Just thought I'd share what the possibilities are. Always double check backups!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)