AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

John Deere 310d not going forward but goes in reverse fine
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

ccjersey
Posted 9/14/2021 13:48 (#9220015 - in reply to #9219958)
Subject: RE: John Deere 310d not going forward but goes in reverse fine

Faunsdale, AL
I’ve had one directional solenoid coil go bad. It’s a complete lack of function.

I think that the test you performed by raising the rear wheels off the ground and then spinning them forward and backwards has ruled out the electrical part of the system.

It also eliminates the torque converter from the equation and I would have thought the oil level and pump performance. However our experience with overfilling the unit restoring forward performance negates that somehow.

I remember backing the tractor several hundred feet to get back to the shop one day and the old guy who knew, stopped me and told me to take the small jug of hydraulic oil sitting beside the seat and put some in the reverser. I protested I had already checked it and it was full, but he persisted and I learned something about ours that day.

A few months later he got sick and died....... Unfortunately an occurrence that has become all too common as I’ve gotten older. So many people who have taught me things are gone now. We none of will live forever and when we die, so many things about us ,both good and bad, will go too.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)